*The information in this post does not replace that of a medical professional’s. Before you try these or any new workout please consult your doctor first.*
I love Yoga and in an ideal world, I’d get to spend an hour each day blissfully stretching. Here’s the thing, though I’m a mom, I have a full- time job and I like what little sleep I get. That said, being physically healthy is important to me so I try to squeeze in some sort of physical activity each day. If that physical activity is yoga, even better. That’s why I’m sharing these 5 terrific yoga routines that are all 20 minutes or less!
I’ve written before about my favorite YouTube Yoga Instructor, Yoga With Adriene. I just love her style, personality, and way of teaching a class. Whether in person or via video, being able to follow a yoga instructor’s cues without constantly having to stop and look up is important for me. I don’t want to mess with my zen yoga flow. Adriene is great at instructing in a way that allows you to move through each pose without constantly looking up.
*A little tip I learned with yoga videos, make sure there is a mirror that can directly reflect the screen in the direction you’re facing. That way if you have to look there is less need to crane sideways to see the screen.*
You need to know about these 5 terrific yoga routines.
- Yoga Rinse-17:51 minutes. By far one of my favorites. I sit at a desk all day and this one hits my shoulders, lower back, and hips. All trouble areas for us desk workers.
- Yoga for Focus & Productivity-9:52 minutes. This one is great for those days when I barely have time to brush my teeth, let alone workout. I still get a good stretch in a short amount of time.
- Yoga for Lower Back Pain-15:47 minutes. Anything that helps me stretch out my lower back I’m all for. This one is good after a long day of sitting.
- Travel Yoga-Revitalizing Flow-14:02 minutes. I love doing yoga outside. Since that doesn’t happen very often, this is the next best option. The scenery is great and the workout is one of my favorites to unwind.
- Travel Yoga-Morning Sequence-10:43 minutes. The name says it all. This is a great morning yoga routine that’s quick but still wakes you up and stretches you out.
I try to do these 5 videos each week. Sometimes that works out and sometimes I only fit in 3 a week. However many I’m doing, I just want to make sure I’m moving. We all have busy schedules and fitting in a workout is tough, but it should be a priority. Find quick ways, like these 5 yoga routines, to make physical activity a priority in your life. The difference you will feel in your body, energy, and overall well-being will delight you.
I never realize just how much I need a yoga session until I’ve completed one. The difference in my mood and the way I feel is amazing. It seriously only takes 10-20 minutes for me to feel a difference. Whenever I can I try to squeeze in a longer yoga session but for the majority of my crazy life, these 5 yoga routines do the job beautifully.
I challenge you to try these 5 videos out for one month. Schedule them into your calendar so they are a part of your routine. The days and frequency are up to you, just make sure you remain consistent. I can’t wait to hear what you think of these yoga routines!